Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Tried It - Chichpea Cookie Dough

For weeks I have been wanting to try out a recipe that I found for mock cookie dough on Pinterest. Why was I so excited about trying this? Maybe it's because I have a rampant sweet tooth. Or maybe (just maybe) it's because I managed to eat a whole batch of raw cookie dough while writing a paper last week...

Whatever the reason may be, I was intrigued by the idea of a guilt-free, healthier study snack. The recipe (adapted from ) is quite simple.

1 Can  Chickpeas (strained, patted dry, with the skins removed)
1/4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (add more to taste)
2 to 3 Tbs. Honey (or Agave)
Chocolate Chips

1. Blend together chickpeas, peanut butter, and honey until smooth.
2. Scrape down the sides of the blender and mix with a fork to insure that all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Add chocolate chips.
4. Refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
5. Enjoy!

Here is an approximate nutrition breakdown per serving.


Nom nom nom..
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment