Monday, 5 August 2013

Recipe: Summery Sangria

After a recent stay in Spain, I have developed a love for Sangria. How could I not?

Here is a simple recipe that I have used with excellent results..

Summer Sangria
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine (Any type/price range will do!)
- 1/2 Apple (diced)
- 2 Handful's of Blueberries
- 6 Strawberries (Diced)
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Ginger-ale (to taste)
Note: Sprite or Soda Water may also be used.

1. Start by mixing wine, fruits, sugar and cinnamon in a pitch. Let it sit for a couple hours or overnight in the fridge.
2. When preparing to serve, mix with ginger-ale and pour!

Hint - I did not want to drink a whole pitcher at once so I mixed my sangria based in wine glasses right before serving. This way you can save the rest of the sangria mixture for another day. I used a 1:1 ratio with the base and ginger-ale.

Enjoy
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment