Saturday, 31 August 2013

Cord Organization

Here's a super quick and inexpensive project!

Over my undergraduate degree, I accumulated a mass amount of electrical cords and connectors. Between moving to and from school and co-op placements, it can be difficult to keep track of where they are and which cords belong to which device.

To assist me in moving back to school this Fall, I have updated an old cardboard box to help keep all of my cords from tangling.

Materials Needed
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Shallow Cardboard Box
- Decorative Adhesive Sheets (Optional)

Steps
1. (Optional) Using decorative adhesive sheets cover your cardboard box. This is not really necessary but it does make the project more aesthetically pleasing.

2. Stand toilet paper rolls inside of the box and arrange them in the way that best suits your needs. These rolls can be used to store your smaller cords and to keep them visible for easy access. In my case, I decided that I only needed two rows of rolls and that I would used the rest of the space for larger bulkier cords. 

3. Once you have found a layout that you like, staple the rolls together to hold them in place. 


 4. Fill your box with all of your assorted cords and feel proud of yourself for being so gosh darn organized!

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment